Lately quite a few folks ask me about how to ‘Tag some one in a post or a photo’ at Facebook”. Tag – You’re it!
Here are a few tips for how and when you might want to do this.
This is a pretty recent feature that Facebook has added. To Tag someone’s personal profile or their fan page at Facebook – Just follow these few steps:
To Tag someone or a fan page in a post –
- Type in @ + the name of the person or the name of the fan page (@ is the shift + number 2)
- This will bring up your list of friends or fan pages
- Choose the appropriate one from the list
- Now in the post you should see that this is a ‘clickable link’ or hyperlink to the person’s profile or the fan page
- This allows your friends to easily be able to locate this person or fan page
- In addition when you share your post, it will appear on that person’s profile (wall) or on their fan page
A very good use of this is if you want to thank them for something they have done for you. For example you could post – “Thank you to @ + the name of someone and say thanks for helping me today. This tells all of your network of folks that you appreciate this person.
To Tag a picture:
- Just click on the button below the picture that says “Tag someone in picture”
- Or click on the photo in the album
- Begin typing their name and it will bring up your list again
- This time check off the box next to the person’s name
I hope this little tidbit of information has helped some of you that have been asking!