Hey and Hi and How’s everyone doing after the Thanksgiving holiday!
It’s been a long week compared to our ‘shorter’ one last week. And, Now we are in December; the month of holidays, extra activities, and a general rushing around. I’ve already had my two favorite activities coincide like a train wreck for a December party on the same night / time – ugh.
Ah, to the question of the hour – Is having a Facebook Fan page worthwhile for your business? Will it add value to your business and how can it help? I’ve been reading lately quite a few news articles and blogs about this. Many folks seem to feel that a Fan Page for a small business, or self employed company / individual is not of value. Some of the facts I’ve heard are:
- Fan pages are essentially for Rock, Country, Music Super stars
- Fan pages traditionally have been created for big name labels like Red, Macy’s
- A good deal of Fan pages now have less than 100 fans
Ok – I have to disagree. I am a new Virtual Assistant; just been on this journey for about 3 months now, but I just think these peeps are wrong. Here’s my data –
- Emarketer – July, 2009, said “81% of executives feel Social Media sites enhance their brand and build lasting relationships” 51% of businesses are Not using Social Media, as they just don’t know how – Ok, but 49% Are using Social Media!
- Companies like Ford, IBM, and others long ago hired Social Media experts to assist them
- If your business has a Facebook Fan page, then when someone does a Google search, the Fan page information appears (oooh, aww, like magic 🙂
Personally, my friends, I think the most important reason is that from all that I can gather – Facebook has 300 million active users worldwide – Wow. That is just too many folks to ignore.
What about those that have less than 100 fans – I say “So, that is 100 x all of their friends x all of their friends” . If someone knows your business and trusts you, then before you know it they will recommend you. This is Why you have a Facebook Fan page for your company, but ya know, it’s just my opinion
So do you or your company fall into the “I don’t know how to create or maintain Social Media accounts – or the I don’t have time” . I have excellent news for you! There are awesome folks out there that will help you with this. We are called Virtual Assistants. We can figure out all the special things that you need to know to create Facebook Fan Pages for your business. We are here to help your business. My company, TKM Virtual Services, provides an array of services to help you to focus on the actual product or service of your business.
What do you think? To me as a Virtual Assistant, that is the most important issue – What do You think about Facebook Fan Pages? ? – – Anita —